Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Last Roar on The Mountain

I don't even know really what to say, so I'm just going to ramble. I wish I kept in touch with him more. But it sucks losing a friend. When I was in high school, Disney had re-imagineered a new animatronic for their nighttime show Fantasmic!. At first it had its issues, and at the time when I was really apart of the fan sites, it started as a joke. I created an account as the maleficent dragon in Fantasmic!. Soon followed many other animatronic twitter accounts. The Red Headed Wench from Pirates of The Caribbean, Esmerelda on Main Street, the seagulls in Nemo Bay, and Harold the Snowman...all of them were creating these stories and adventures through twitter as a fun way to create this sort of...alternate realm where the AA's had a voice. It was a blast, and quite frankly, I forgot about it after I stopped writing my part.

But, today I found out some really terrible news. Brett, the guy who wrote as Harold died in a freak accident during a flash flood while hiking.

It's insane. He was such an amazing guy. Funnier than most people I knew, had an incredible wit to him, and was so incredibly happy any time I talked to him. His writing as Harold brought so much entertainment to the Disney fan community. It was fantastic to read what this guy could write. He would weave these after-park-hour stories with his 'neighbors' the Nemo bay Seagulls about eating butter packets, or chasing off the ducks, and if I remember right, there was one time he wrote that he stole the Red headed girls' dress and had Harold run around in drag. It was just wildly off the wall, fun stuff.

Yet here I am, writing out my memories of a guy only two years older than I am, who died far sooner than he should have. I've been mulling over it since I heard about it, and I can't wrap my head around the fact that he's gone. I mean, just a few weeks ago we were chatting on Facebook about stuff, and now the conversation's ended. The roars on the mountain are fading with the breeze whistling through the caverns, and the Gulls lost their neighbor. I'm gonna miss this guy, and all the amazing things he was. Rest in Peace, Man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment