Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Black Hole

What if I told you about a place where time stood still. Where you hear the same thing every five seconds, and you can't speak at all? What if that place was real? What if that place is where I am? Time has frozen. The words are blurred and repetitive. I can't speak at all. 


This, is Senior Seminar. 

Where the professor says 'kaaaay?' at the end of every sentence or question. 

Where the students eyes are glazed over like the donuts they had for breakfast this morning. 

Where we can't do anything to help ourselves. 

Apparently we're halfway through the class. I really don't know. I've almost given up hope. Hunger has taken over my midsection, roaring and growling, competing with every monosyllabic 'kaaaaay' coming out of the professor's dry, boring body. 


I don't know what's happening. I keep pinning food recipes in the hopes of having a celebratory feast if we ever make it out of here alive. 

Did I mention there aren't any windows? For all I know a revolution could be happening outside, and I'd miss it because I paid a man I don't know, but have to trust completely that he's smarter than me, to teach me what he knows on a topic. In fact, a revolution is happening. A presidential debate is going on as I type, which is another step towards the deciding factor of who will run this country next year. 



OH, look! We're free. Dinner time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment