Friday, April 10, 2015

The Blackjack Birthday: Hailey's Vegas Adventure

I wish I could say I took credit for coming up with going to Vegas for Hailey's 21st birthday, but I can't. It was all her parents' doing. Which was totally cool, because they made the trip what it was.
This is the first sign you know you're leaving Bakersfield

Welcome to nowhere!

Stare down. 

So...Planet Hollywood is pretty rad. 

All green for the birthday girl! 

The Linq's block area is one of my favorite areas. Really feels like the Grove in LA. 


Family! 

St. Patty's day in Vegas is probably one of the funnest things I've done in my short adult life. Also, it was never intended that my father in law and I matched.

Me and my lady <3

We had to sit around and wait for 12:00am to hit so she could order her first drink! Waitress wanted a photo taken to celebrate. 

Mama and daughter. 

First gamble! 


The next set of photos was really fun to try and capture. Hailey had no idea, but I had gotten ahold of our friend Alison, who lives in NorCal, and she was going to be in Vegas at the same time we were, so I surprised Hailey with meeting up with her! Tears were had.



After this....

Shots! This entire trip, Hailey didn't pay for a single drink. 

Next morning..
Birthday girl all dressed up in green! 

Fremont Street! 

This was the first time I've ever been down here, and I must say, it rocked. Didn't have time to go back at night, so I guess we gotta go back. 

Military drill for St. Patricks Day.

Hard to see, but there was a celtic band, too.

Big screen is big.

Only in Vegas will you see a senior citizen in a Borat thong.


And duct tape pasties.

Had lunch here, and..


OHMYGOSH. Easily one of the BEST burgers I've ever had. It was the most tender hamburger, and loaded with a over easy egg, and DUCK bacon. 
DUCK.
BACON.
Bacon is great, but DUCK BACON. COME ON! 

I could get used to a view like this. 

Did I mention St. Patricks Day in Vegas is great?

Birthday Dinner! 

This was shot shortly after dinner at Margaritaville. Hailey landed a balloon had, and Steve and Kristy (family who live in the area) came down to meet up with us! 

Hey look! It's a grown up Yogurtland! ;) 

Old Vegas is still beautiful. 

Couldn't not see this. 

Not World of Color, but man is it beautiful and elegant. 

They were near inseparable. 

There were two ladies who lived in a shoe...

And then the weird dude who sat in one too...

Junebug! 

Bartenders getting in on the St. Patty's Day action with us too. 

Next day before we left, we went out to this place for Kelly to check out some furniture for her company. Never been inside until now, but it's AWESOME. Really cool (but uber expensive) stuff here.

We don't wanna leave! 


Vegas as a grown up is a lot of fun. Next time we want to check out a show or two, and spend more time, but as a first time trip to drink and gamble, it was a total blast. Definitely the best way to kick of Hailey's 21st year of birth. I gotta give major props to my in-laws for planning this, and going all out for Hailey. It was such a great time. Now onto the next time....




No comments:

Post a Comment