Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Hey Pinheads...Pinterest Isn't Just For Girl

Gentlemen...

We need to talk. There's something bugging me about my gender. We're an arrogant bunch, and I don't know why. We brag about our sports teams being better than the other, our cars being faster than  the one in the next lane over, and our girl being prettier than another.

Oh, and apparently we have an issue with thinking that certain things are for girls only. Sure, I'll agree with you that I'd never be caught dead getting a mani/pedi, or shopping for clothes with a group of guys. But what about online? We Facebook photos of our night out with the bros, and tweet about the sports scores. How about pinning our interests? Or, pintresting? Is that a word? Ladies, help me out there.
My boards. See? It's not that bad. 

Anyway, Pinterest isn't just a site where girls convene to trade recipes and nail art, and create their ideal weddings to Adam Levine. Sure, a lot of that stuff is on there, and just like any other guy, I actively avoid it. However, what if I told you about taking what the girls do, and being guys, and making boards of your dream cars and motorcycles? Or those sick leather jackets and messenger bags? Or a collection of sunglasses and cufflinks? Hell, even trade our own manly recipes for ribs, beer chicken, and more?

I don't understand why more guys don't take advantage of making boards on Pinterest to collect a list of the things we want. The desktop site is easily laid out, and the app for your iPhone and Android is even easier. I believe it's time that men invest some time into this site. It's not just for the dresses and drinks the ladies love. It's for the street art. It's for the architecture and creative backyard solutions to make hanging out in the backyard cooler than just that store-bought plastic lawn chairs.


All I'm getting at here guys, is that it's not something that's just for the girls. We can share in the boards and sharing all the things that are all so great about being a dude. So, here's to pinning. Here's to celebrate being a guy, and giving light into what makes us men so awesome to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment