Friday, June 27, 2014

What Are You Looking At?

I think once a week I'm going to post a photo I've shot. Really for no other reason than to just keep me focused on my writing and photography.

Disney's always a favorite subject of mine to shoot, especially in the parks. There's so many different things I can do to shoot in the parks and never get the same shot. Yes, there's hundreds of 'Disney Photographers', and I guess I'm one of them, but I don't try to get 'The Castle Shot', or any of those typical angles most people are shooting. When I shoot in the park, I try to find things others don't. See what only I see and do my best to capture it. By no means am I good. I'm an amateur, at best. This is only for the fun of it, and to learn how to be better by pure practice. These shots are what I think are cool, and for all we know, everyone could hate it. That's fine by me, because if it's disliked, and people explain how they think I could do something better, that just means there's more practice and more room to grow better as a photographer.


So, with all this said, this is a shot I took some years back. It was a trip to the parks on a whim with my family, and my sister and I were rushing into the parks to catch the fireworks after a dinner at Rainforest Cafe. We were halfway up Main Street when we found a somewhat empty spot in the crowd to stand. As the show started, I started to shoot. A lot of them came out blurry, over exposed, under exposed, and just generally terrible. But then during the 'Remember, Dreams Come True' section of the Haunted Mansion, they shoot fireworks all around the Hub of Main Street, imitating the  stretching room. I was able to get the light of the fireworks, without getting them in the shoot, giving off a rather apocalyptic look inside an otherwise magical place.

No comments:

Post a Comment