Sunday, February 9, 2014

Hailey's First Blog Post

Hey guys! So I have yet to actually right a blog post on here yet… That's Jacob's job ;) But, I feel like with everything going on that I should post! So, things have been a little tough. My Dad was hospitalized with pneumonia and strep where we almost lost him (he is thankfully recovering wonderfully now), and I also lost my dog of 14 years. So the past couple weeks have pretty much sucked. However, throughout all of that, I was reminded yet again of just HOW blessed I am. Jacob is my total rock. When I am beyond upset and scared, he is right there to provide that comfort for me. He is that shoulder to cry on. Now, I'm not saying that Jake and I have it all together, because I'll be real honest and say we are far from it. We are young, we're growing, we're adapting, we're learning, but we are in love and know what that means. We know that on March 22nd, Jacob and I will be at that alter in front of our closest friends and family, vowing our lives to one another. We also know that isn't all rainbows and butterflies in the tummy… because quite frankly, we haven't been able to have much of that with all of the death, sickness, family issues, and other problems we've had to face. I mean, my only Grandmother got sick with Uterine Cancer 4 days after Jake and I started dating, only for her to pass away 6 months later, then his grandmother a month after that. Now, I'm not trying to get all "pity party" on you, but more to just let the people who choose to read this blog know that Jake and I have had our trials to face, that we have had those problems to conquer and pain to deal with. It HAS been tough, but let me tell you… it's been one hell of a ride I wouldn't trade for the world. Jacob is something special and I truly believe I was blessed with the most precious, beautiful, amazing gift God could have ever given someone. I truly do not know how I could have gone through the past year and a half without Jacob by my side. Every day I'm blown away that God has given me this man to love, respect, cherish, and be with for the rest of my life. And every day I'm amazed that he gives me another reason to love him more than I did the day before which seems crazy to me. I look at Jacob and for the first time feel like I'm home… and now I have 40 more days until I have his last name.

No comments:

Post a Comment